Welcome back players,Our third ‘Community Alpha’ is now OPEN!. Your feedback was extremely useful through the latest test session and we have taken your feedback to revise a number of things. This installment is focused on the story elements of the game and our first look at describing your character. Some highlights:
- Our new streamlined adventures are broken up into comic issues just like a print version.
- Yes you can edit your dossier, just get to the appropriate part of the story and it will guide you.
- Yes you accumulate knowledge, credits and eterna but we’ve removed the bits to spend these and your skills for now.
- Episodes and the story are packaged up into adventures to make it easier to understand where you are in the story.
- The Interviewer is back and he’s taking notes on everything about you. Who does he work for.
- Your age is now hidden until your background is completed, near the end of the current adventures until we know you are middle aged
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
Caveats or Things You Should Know:
- All player data has been reset – You have to start over, but hey, its early in the development and its short, for now.
- Wait times reduced – you asked, we provided. Arbitrary times have been shrunk down where we can.
- Purpose – hopefully clearer. You only live so long, 70, maybe 80 years. When your apparent age gets there you will not be able to do all the things you did at 20 or 30. When your apparent age gets over 35, things start to deteriorate, we call it middle age. As it approaches 70 – 90 years your body and mind start to collapse from wear and tear. Be aware that there is only so much time you have, unless you manage to find the secret adventure that extends life…
Enjoy the storybook, there are more comics to view, more adventures to have and probably a couple more releases where we are asking your help to shape the game. Once we re-enable the skill development part for the game we’ll be adding more of the story but you may need more skills to get to it. Enjoy the story for what it is, a nice light read you have to do a little work to see.
And if you enjoy in the least part of this game, the story or just see the potential and have a friend who you think would provide valuable feedback, please forward this newsletter with the link to Sign up below.
The Millennium Chronicles Team